De Dijk in Enkhuizen
Saturday, January 01, 2005
Built in 1540 as a city gate and component of the town wall of Enkhuizen. Strategically located to the former Zuiderzee. In 1657 the carrillion and hour work was built. For a long time it served as a prison, later it was the first telegraph served and the mail office of the city. Since 1960 the drom, as it is called by locals, is in use as a cultural centre, café and youth hostel.
The Drommedaris is now a meating point of multi-purpose, from tourist to captain, for young and old.
visit official homepage
Or visit the dyk http://dijk.blogspot.com